What We Do
Address: 10203 - 101 Avenue (Railway), Nampa AB, T0H 2R0
The Agricultural Services Department provides residents with a range of information and services aimed at protecting and enhancing agriculture and rural living within Northern Sunrise County.
A few of the services offered include:
- Weed Control Assisting residents with weed control issues by making recommendations based on resident needs.
- Pest Control Working with residents to resolve control issues. Offering a range of information and services.
- Integrated Vegetation Management Municipal Roadways and Properties
- Agricultural Equipment Rentals Coordinating equipment rentals.
- Veterinary Service Incorporated (V.S.I.) Northern Sunrise County is a participating member of V.S.I.
- Grass Seeding Conducting roadside grass re-seeding programs on County owned lands.
- Programs and Grants Facilitating local and provincial agricultural grant programs such as Alberta Environmental Farm Plan, Growing Forward 2 and Alternative Land Use Services
- Education and Extension Events Providing residents with a number of learning opportunities related to the agricultural industry. View our Agricultural Events for further information on such events.
- Awards Arranging the nomination and awarding process for a yearly "Alberta Century Farm & Ranch" award and "Alberta Agricultural Hall of Fame" award every two years.
Agricultural Services Department
Northern Sunrise County is vast in size, covering an area of approximately 2.2 million hectares (5.5 million acres)
Western to Eastern boundary: from the Peace and Smoky Rivers on the west side to approximately 19 km east of Red Earth Creek.
Southern to Northern boundary: from 11 km south of Nampa (in the SW corner) and 38 km north of Slave Lake (in the SE corner) to 128 km north of the Town of Peace River to the north end of the 96th Township.
Farming Area: approximately 350,000 acres (140,000 hectares)
Forested Area: very active with oil, gas and forestry activities
Population: approxiamately 2,500
Most residents are located in the "farming area", however, we have pockets of people living in Cadotte Lake and Atikameg.
What is the Agricultural Services Department?
Click on the above link to be redirected to our maps page.
Agricultural Reports - Provincial
Click on the links below to be redirected to reports
|2017 - Alberta Crop Reports||
2017 - Alberta Insect Pest Monitoring Network
|2017 - Prairie Pest Monitoring Newwork|
|Alberta Weed Monitoring Network|
Crop and Insect Pest and Weed reports are generated from Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, Alberta Insect Pest Monitoring Network, Prairie Pest Monitoring Network and Alberta Weed Monitoring Network